- Cardboard Study Carrel
Venture down to the lower level of the library to check out our brand new study carrel made entirely of cardboard. We heard lots of feedback about replacing the carrels, and we heard you. Don’t worry, it is very sturdy.
- Sprout Computer
This new computer, located on the main level near the printer, combines a touch-screen Windows computer with a 3D scanner and a projector.
- Tools on Display
The tools that were formerly locked up in the lower level tool shelves are now on display on the main level. This means that you can stop by the library any time of day and check out any tool with the self checkout machine.
- Fiction Section
All of the fiction from West Hall is now in its own section arranged by author’s last name in the lower level of the library.
- Owl Crayons
Multi-color owl crayons. ‘Nuff said.
Have you ever touched paper made out of sheep poo?
No, really, have you? Sheep Poo Paper ™ has the same uses as traditional paper and is commonly used for printing, writing and crafting. The paper is produced in Wales using only Welsh water. Want to learn more and see it for yourself? Come to the library and discover our Materials Samples Collection! Located near periodicals, these items cannot be borrowed; however, the collection is quite extensive. With over 100 in stock, you can learn about sample composition, manufacturing processes and what each sample is most commonly used for. Additionally, you can search the collection online using the “Materials Database” link on the library website (library.olin.edu) under Library Service and Collections.
Have you ever used a library Subject Guide? What are Subject Guides (also referred to as LibGuides), you ask?
Did you know the library:
- Has a new interim Director? Please stop by and say hello to Hope Tillman. She’s in Dee’s old office and we are really excited to have her with us!
- Has a website with a catalog: library.olin.edu
- Can get you any book or article in the world, through our Inter Library Loan service? It’s true, just ask us.
- Loans out tools? Right now we have power drills and hammers, but our collection is growing. Stay tuned…
- Has a materials samples collection? Use it to find information on sample composition, manufacturing process and applications. We have over 100 in stock.
- Loves feedback? Please let us know your library thoughts.
- Employs awesome student workers? Thanks Josh, Carly, Lyra, Emily and Liani for all your hard work!