A roundup of resources to help you stay informed, take care of yourself and others, and take breaks from the news when you need them.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to have an up-to-date and comprehensive COVID-19 section on its website.
- The Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center includes an interactive map.
- This Podcast Will Kill You has released a six-epsiode series, “Anatomy of a Pandemic: COVID-19.” The show is co-hosted by two epidemiologists/disease ecologists.
- Continue to avoid or limit contact with anyone outside your household.
- Limit or avoid unnecessary trips out.
- Help Flatten the Curve.
- Follow preventive steps to protect yourself and reduce transmission- the CDC is once again a helpful resource on this issue.
- Read about when to seek help and how to care for people at home- this New York Times article has good information.
- Learn how to manage worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty- download this free guide from Psychology Tools.
Take a Break
- Read something for fun. I recently enjoyed Here for It by R. Eric Thomas and The Dutch House by Ann Patchett.
- Breathe. There are many helpful videos on YouTube that can act as a guide- here is a brief one and then one that’s a bit longer.
- Go outside when possible, maintaining physical distance from others.
Got questions or suggestions for the Wellness Office? Share them here.